The Scientific Roots team are highly experienced in:
• Agricultural and Rural Enterprise Project conception, business planning, implementation and project management.
• Training, assessment, moderation and development of learning material in both the development and scientific space.
(Fully Accredited Training Service Provider and Institute of Sectoral and Occupational Excellence of AgriSETA, with the NQF 4 New Venture Creation programme registered with ServicesSETA and a provisionally registered Private Training Provider with the Department of Higher Education and Training)
• Agricultural research
(contract and ad hoc research regarding indigenous resources, nutrition and agricultural economics) and
• Development and incubation of innovative new products and services through AgriBioTech,
a Non Profit Company established to encourage agripreneurial development in the AgriBioTech space at our AgriSPACE campus.
Our experience includes:
• SAQA aligned and Unit Standards-based Learnership and Skills Programme training and assessment
(We have trained more than 3000 learners/farmers/ entrepreneurs/co-operative members in vegetable, livestock and poultry production and enterprise development (New Venture Creation) since obtaining accreditation from AgriSETA in 2004),
• Conducting feasibility studies for various rural development enterprises
(we understand the constraints that rural beneficiaries face regarding transaction costs, lack of up- and down-stream linkages and economies of scale),
• Community liaison and social facilitation
(we acknowledge that project failure is usually due to poor communication, lack of participatory approaches, exclusion, and poor institutional arrangements),
• Implementation and management of rural and enterprise development initiatives
(our experience is that mentoring, business knowledge and day-to-day business management and communication with beneficiaries is key to rural enterprise success).
• The team are experienced agricultural training facilitators, registered assessors and moderators
(our team are all qualified and experienced agriculturalists having, not only, theoretical knowledge, but practical work-place and personal farming experience).